Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ASUS G73sw GPU Troubleshooting and Repairs (PART 1)

ASUS G73sw BestBuy model had some video issues. I tried draining excess power, reseating the ram, reseating the hard drive and connecting to an external monitor. NOTHING WORKED! So I hacked the machine open and went to work. I eventually got it fixed by repasting the GPU after removing all the old paste from a previous factory repair. It now works well! Check out this video series and see if this may help you as well. Mind you, my warranty was already expired both from BestBuy as well as ASUS. I did not want to pay $189 + shipping to have it repaired. So I figured it was more worth my $$ to spend $9.99 on Arctic Silver 5 and learn some skills on my own! I recorded my process just in case it did not work. But gladly it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment